It’s a great day for Canada and a cocktail!
This weekend I’m spending some time in my hometown of Ottawa which, also happens to be the best place to spend Canada Day.
I plan on making the cocktail below and sitting poolside with some friends and catching up while donning red and white. This cocktail is also appropriately red and white in appearance so it’s the perfect addition to any Canada Day spread.
Makes 4 1/4 cups
1. Mint Leaves
2. 1 Bottle Sparkling Wine
3. 3/4 cup White Grape Juice
4. 1/2 cup Sliced Fresh Strawberries (Ontario Strawberries are best – so much added flavour!)
5. 1/4 cup Orange Liqueur
6. Garnish: Fresh Sugar Cane Sticks
1. Press mint leaves against sides of a large pitcher with back of a wooden spoon to release flavors.
2. Stir in sparkling wine and next 3 ingredients.
3. Serve immediately over ice.
Recipe and image from here.