I’m not actually big on new years resolutions however participating in a book club is one that actually stuck! I think I’ve read more books this year than previous and I’ve really enjoyed doing it with friends so we can chat about what we thought, talked about hilarious characters and what is outcomes. Typically when we get together who chose a theme for a dinner, cook together, chat about the book and indulge in some fine beverages. When we book club, we book club all night. This book’s meeting however was hosted by myself (we all take turns) and felt the need to host a brunch instead of our usual soirees.
We read Wild this time around – and I loved it! I loved the sense of adventure, the ups and downs and the history of Cheryl’s life. I also recently saw the movie – I was psyched however slightly disappointed. I won’t spoil it for you but the saying still stands “the book is better than the movie”.
When deciding our menu our thoughts were something delicious (obvs!) and also easy. The suggestion was made to create a bagel bar and the decision was made. It was so delicious – my friend picked up the bagels and cream cheese from the NU Bügel in Kensington and they were so tasty.
Oh and the best part? I got to put my Holiday part pants on! They really only come out once or twice a year but love how festive they make me feel when I do wear them.
and a little twinkle on the toe of course 🙂
:: Top, Pants, Shoes (old) ::
Since Burberry’s FW 2013 show, I’ve been obsessed with the metal belt. It’s so polished, fun and just plain awesome. I’ve even considered (perhaps even still considering) working it into my wedding day. Since the price point on the Burberry belt is a little out of my range, I was so pleased when I found a company, a Canadian company at that, who makes a very similar belt at a much more reasonable price. I love this belt over a jacket, dressed up or down it’s really very versatile.
::Fur Headband//My moms, Top//Club Monaco, Skirt//Asos, Belt//Brave Carmella Belt, Shoes//Joe Fresh (old)::
It’s no secret that plaid is one of the most classic trends for fall however, I don’t think we’ve seen it like THIS before have we? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that plaid has extended itself beyond it’s traditional hat or scarf. I don’t know about you I can’t get enough of it and am considering my second pair of plaid pants.
1. Plaid iPad Case – Why not bring this trend digital with this fun (and super cost effecient) iPad case?
2. Plaid Sweater – I’ll call this one, splurge plaid. I love how it’s a soft play on the usually stark pattern. It may break the bank but will never go out of style.
3. Two-Tone Plaid Scarf – I couldn’t pass up this scarf. I just love the mix of traditional plaid print and houndstooth (which I know isn’t REALLY a plaid but I would place it in the same family). After ordering it online, I realized how massive it is but made me like it even more. A real, cozy up to kind of scarf.
4. Skirt – LOVE this plaid skirt. Totally reminds me of something I had from Gap Kids or Jacob Jr. Paired with all black everything really brings it next level.
5. Plaid Pants – Gotta love plaid pants. They have some such a long way since only being sported by men on the golf course. I already own a pair but am having a hard time resisting the purchase of a second pair.
6. Houndstooth Pencil – I’ve already attested my love for houndstooth so I won’t start again at the risk of sounding like a broken record BUT this skirt is the perfect staple for fall and I can’t stop pairing with items in my head!