It’s a summer Friday friends and another week has passed – apologies for being a little more quiet than usual with the blog – life has been great but filled with many, exciting things! We officially sold our little loft this week which was bitter sweet but necessary for our next step as we move into our first home (which is really, really exciting for us).
This past week while installing some fresh new pillows at a client’s home, Laura and I noted how important it is to add texture in a room. It’s a great way to layer and add interest within a room and the space is noticeably different without it. Since it’s summer and the living is easy, breezy, I’m really into woven accessories for the home and lifestyle. I’ve rounded up several in the some wicked neutrals that can be easily added to any space or outfit.
ONE. // TWO. // THREE. // FOUR. // FIVE. // SIX. // SEVEN. // EIGHT. // NINE. // TEN.
have a great weekend!
It takes a lot for me to really fall in love with a brand. I mean yes, I may like some of the products they offer, they may market themselves really well but I’ve never quite felt the love like I feel for Loeffler Randall. Started by Jessie Randall in 2005, the brand quickly garnered a following and in 2009 the brand was named as one of the top 500 fastest growing private companies in America. It’s not hard to see why with their chic and sophisticated feel combined with downtown cool. After watching the video below and reading about her further on Madewell’s Blog, I fell even further – and it’s a great display of how a company’s coolness really does come from the top.
There are times when I go for the splurge and there are times when, really, it just doesn’t make any sense. The above two box clutchs are perfect for the holiday season and almost too similar to tell apart. Having seen the Anya Hindmarch version here, I had placed it on my wish list of things to buy for the upcoming holiday season but I knew that if I just peeked into a couple of stores that I could find one that would be close enough in design and actually fit quite well into my budget. This is actually what I do with a lot of things I can’t afford – ha! Having an office above a retail space, a friend and I set out to grab lunch and I spotted the look alike in Smart Set. It was just too good to pass up and purchased the black version right away. The glittery minaudière is available in black, silver and gold and will pair well with any outfit you have planned.
Straying from my typical stacks on stacks of bracelets, I’m looking at large solid cuffs to dress my wrist these days. Even better, one for each wrist.
1. J.Crew Jewelled Cuff – I love the acrylic with the jewels, gems and studs. This cuff can easily be worn dressed up or down and it’s simply perfect. It’s already backordered online so I suggest you jump soon if you want to rocking it this holiday season.
2. Elsa Peretti Bone Cuff – This timeless cuff will forever be on my wish list. It’s so simple yet it says so much.
3. Coach Wide Turnlock Bracelet – Although this technically isn’t a cuff, it still has that large bracelet appeal and could certainly hold it’s own.
4. Tory Burch Tortoise Cuff – Love, love tortoise! I’m not a huge fan of the huge logo but find that’s rather subtle on this wrist piece.
6. Michael Kors Pave Horn Cuff – Leave it to Michael to add the bling – this pave horn is so neat with the acrylic, it almost appears as if it’s floating.
No matter what season, what holiday, what outfit, to me – gold is the perfect accent.
I will toy with the idea of silver and not shortly after do I make the switch back to gold.
Some of the nuggets below I fortunately own yet, most are still on the wish list.
1 :: 2 :: 3 ::
4 :: 5 :: 6 :: 7