Although Festival season seems to have come to a hault for some and many have enjoyed the season’s offerings – I am most excited about the festival I have chosen to attend this year! Gentlemen of the Road happening in Simcoe, Ontario this weekend (August 23-24). The even more exciting part about it is that we will be camping. It’s been a while so you better believe I have lists created about what to pack which prompted me to create this post. A little packing list for some GOTR essentials if you will:
1. A good Canadian Sweater – This one from the Bay is perfect. Since I’m anticipating it only to be cold in the evenings, I love the fact that it’s a cardigan and can be layered and these stripes will never go out of style.
2. Cross-body bag – your hands are made for holding your drinks, not your purse at a festival so I like to opt for something made with a durable fabric such as leather and something a little shabby chic such as this Hippy Tribe Bag from Roots.
3. Sunglasses – well, this one just goes without saying but I’m 100% packing my Ray-Ban Club Masters. They’re light weight and have just a hint of glam.
4. Your swimming trunks! Simcoe is on Lake Erie and the one plus of camping offsite from the festival grounds is the access to the lake. Nothing better to wake up to then a swim in the lake. I adore this suit from J.Crew.
5. Coffee Mug – Coffee just doesn’t taste the same when not in a mug. This mug by MEC offers a handy lid which is perfect for travelling.
6. Boat Shoes – I’ve had a pair of Sperry’s in my closet for a long time and even though it may be hot, I like to protect my feet with closed toes shoes rather than a pair of flip flops.
7. Jean Shorts – A must at any festival and heck, a must for any summer packing. American Eagle also just makes them so well. It’s interesting how they have mastered them but they are the best for such a low price point.
8. Cleansing Wipes – I like to keep my beauty regime to a minimum when camping and these wipes from Simple certainly help. They are the most handy and useful beauty product on the market and I won’t be hitting the road without them.
Have you attended any festivals this summer?