It’s about that time, isn’t it? 5:00pm on a Thursday evening – you’ve worked hard all week and now it’s time to indulge in some very necessary beverages. Since the holidays are in full swing – a couple of my gal pals (Ash and Laura) got together to get merry and cheerful with some festive cocktails. We attempted some twists on some traditional drinks and were pleased with the results.
We saw the Moscow Mule cups and knew we had to do something with those and realized that pomegranates were in season and needed to be celebrated.
THE MERRY MOSCOW MULE
- 3 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces (about 2 shots) Vodka
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 12 ounces Ginger Beer
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Candied ginger for garnish
- Combine all vodka, juices, and ginger beer and pour over ice. This makes two drinks.
- Garnish with Pomegranate arils and lime wedges if desired.
THE ORANGE OLD FASHIONED WITH ROSEMARY
– 1 sugar cube
– 2 ounces of rye
– 3 dashes of orange bitters
– Splash of club soda
– Large orange slice for garnish
– Sprig of rosemary for garnish
– Large ice cubes
– Slice of orange
- Combine rye, soda and bitters and pour over sugar cube. This makes one drink.
- Add large ice cube and garnish with a slice of orange and rosemary.
Shop the post from Indigo: Marble and wood cutting board, Moscow mule mugs and Gold-striped napkin.
Shout out to Hello Midge Flower Studio for providing us with some lovely blooms, she’s the best.