I love a good muffin, even though they get a bad rap for not being the best for you. So they’re a bit of treat to your regular diet but we all deserve a treat now and then don’t we? I decided to make these muffins since I had some bananas in the freezer but I decided to up the ante from the standard banana muffin by adding a little bit of extra chocolate.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large or 3 small-medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chips for top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter. Add sugar, baking powder, salt, bananas, egg, and milk in a large mixing bowl with a whisk. It’s okay to leave chunks of banana in the batter.
- Add flour and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over top of batter.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to 350°.
- Continue baking an additional 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.